Dr. Qasim Aref Qasem
|Dr. Qasim Aref Qasem|
FRCS (UK), MRCSI (Ire), FEBO
- Held positions at several prestigious hospitals in United Kingdom and Ireland for more than 15 years.
- One of the very few Consultant Specialist’s in Pediatric Ophthalmology, including specialization in childhood ocular motility surgery, squint correction and vision screening of premature babies.
- Highly skilled at performing Combined sutureless Phaco Vitrectomy procedures.
- Published over 25 articles in leading international peer-reviewed journals.
- Presentation speaker at the Congress of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons.
Subspecialty: Vitreo-Retinal Surgery, Refractive Laser Surgery & Paediatric Ophthalmology
Dr. Qasem has been a specialist for more than 15 years, included in the Specialist Register of the Irish & the British Medical Council.
He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland, The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow. He aslo holds the European Board of Ophthalmology.
He is a Certified Refractive Surgeon by the Royal College of Ophthalmologist, London, the U.K .
Prior to his return to Dubai, He was an NHS consultant ophthalmologist in the United Kingdom at the James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough.
He has previously held positions at several prestigious hospitals, including the Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, Dublin, Waterford Regional Hospital, and most recently as a consultant at Dublin’s Mater Misericordiae Hospital and the Children University Hospital, Ireland.
He completed the full Irish training program in General Ophthalmic Surgery including anterior segment surgery, paediatric ophthalmology, medical and surgical vitreoretinal diseases, glaucoma, and neuro-ophthalmology & cataract surgery.
He also joined the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland as a lecturer in Ophthalmology between 2000 and 2002.
Dr. Qasem has completed in addition to his general training, three specialist fellowships at the Mater Hospital &The Children University Hospital in: Paediatric Ophthalmology and Refractive Surgery with Professor Michael O’Keefe who is a pioneer Refractive and Paediatric ophthalmologist and a world known figure for his research and innovation. VitreoRetinal Surgery fellowship with Mr Robert Acheson, head of the Irish college of Ophthalmologist for many years and one of the leading VR surgeons across Europe.
Dr. Qasem has made significant contributions to the advancement of surgical knowledge in papers published in medical literature, and has presented on three separate occasions to the congress of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons. He is also a reviewer for the British Journal of Ophthalmology.